Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 19, 2010

Spray Paint Frenzy...part 1 of many more

On my old blog I posted a center piece I made with things lying around the house. After christmas, I found them scented and on clearance. When I got bored with them I bagged them up. Then my hh (aka handsome hubby) bought me flowers! Our new furniture came with pillows, black and red, so I put together this little thing. I laced the red ribbon between the cones then added the black bow around the outside. I already had the ribbon in my "sewing" kit, so i didn't spend an extra dime to create this.


During my 2 days off, and completely rained in with a broken down car, I broke out the spray paint. It was time to give these pine cones a face life. As I got extremely bored with my surroundings so quickly, a few spritz of paint is an inexpensive way to make a dashing change.


**Learned a fast lesson in painting. Rubber gloves are on my shopping list! It took several hours to get this off!**
So what do you think? Better before or after?

As soon as my new pillows are ready, and i switch out some pictures I will post the full room make over. Now time to check out some virtual garage sales via craigslist. Don't you just love that site? With the desktop purchase coming soon, I need a new desk! I refuse to pay more then $50.00 for it, and i should probable find a nice little chair to go along with it.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it all!! I esp loved the bar stools that you posted on FB! :)

    ReplyDelete