Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 10, 2010

Seen all around the blog world!

I have seen these FANTASTIC cake pops all over the blog world. The bloggers made them seem easy enough, so I decided to try it out and add my own flare. The intensions were to make them, and place them in a pretty floral arrangements to mail across the country to my mothers. With summer officially knocking hot on our door, I knew they would melt. Instead, I brought them to work, and troupe practice and everyone loved them! Most people thought I bought them!

So, last week I hit up 2 of my favorite stores Tar-Jay, and Michael's! I picked up enough goodies for 2 different kinds. Here are the ingredients for the cake pop yummies!
  • Cake Mix ( I used confetti & white cake mix)
  • Cake Frosting (I used cream cheese frosting and white frosting)
  • Vanilla & Chocolate melting chips (I picked mine up at Michael's)
  • Sprinkles! (My favorite part of the cake pop!)
To make them, you bake the cake and then let it cool. Once it is cooled take a fork and crumble the cake to fine pieces.
After that take a tub of frosting and mix it well with all the cake crumbles. Take a spoonful of the mixture and form it into a ball, place it on a plate and put in the refrigerator to firm up. Then you dip it into one kind of the melting chocolate/vanilla.

As soon as you put the ball down, stick a sucker stick in it, so the chocolate can harden around it as well. After the bottom hardens you can then dip it in the other kind, and quickly put sprinkles on the top. Allow them to cool for a good hour in the refrigerator before putting the plastic baggies around and twist ties.
The finished project looked awesome, and tasted even better! They were a lot harder then I originally thought. My number one tip would be to NOT use colored vanilla. It does not melt well, and it is too stiff when you dip the balls in. The second batch I used plain chocolate on the bottom, and plain vanilla on the top. It was very easy to manage.

I bought extra to make lemon favored ones..Maybe in a few weeks I will give it a try!




No comments:

Post a Comment